The DAAD Information Centre in Rome was founded in 2004. One of its main responsibilities is to provide information and individual advice on the German higher education system and the various DAAD study and research scholarships.
Aided by a dense local network, useful web tools and a newsletter, the Information Centre performs marketing activities for German higher education institutions. It also participates in education fairs and events at schools and universities in order to present information on studying and conducting research in Germany. Maintaining long-term ties with DAAD alumni is a further important responsibility of the DAAD Information Centre in Rome.
Our team at the DAAD Information Centre in Rome will be pleased to assist you and provide you with any information you require regarding the German higher education landscape, choosing the right degree programme at the right higher education institution, and our DAAD scholarships.
Dr. Valentina Torri
(only for enquiries relating to the management of the Information Centre)
- Magister Artium in German language and literature and art history, doctorate in art history at the University of Hamburg
- Researcher at Skulpturensammlung Liebieghaus in Frankfurt/Main and the museums of the city of Regensburg
- Lektor for Italian and assistant lecturer in German as a foreign language at the University of Passau
- DAAD Lektor in German as a foreign language and German language and literature at Mohammed V University in Rabat (Morocco)
- Coordinator for didactics and autonomous learning at the language centre of the Free University of Bozen
- Deputy director of Volkshochschule Südtirol
- Assistant lecturer in German as a foreign language at the Free University of Bozen
- Since October 2016: DAAD Lektor at Sapienza Università di Roma and director of the DAAD Information Centre in Rome
Silvia La Placa
Local staff member
- Studied German language and literature and Spanish language and literature at the University of Genoa
- January to May 2005: MAE-CRUI internship at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2005-2007: member of staff at Teatro Tordinona in Rome
- Since June 2007: local staff member at DAAD IC Rome
Local staff member
- Studied language and cultural mediation (German and Russian) at Sapienza Università di Roma, and translating and interpreting (German and English) at UNINT University in Rome
- October–December 2013: advisor with the “Deutschland und Italien: Kommunikation durch Wissenstransfer” (Germany and Italy: Communication through Knowledge Transfer) project of the University of Mainz/Germersheim and UNINT University (Rome)
- Since January 2014: local staff member at DAAD IC Rome
Cesare La Rana
Official mascot of DAAD Italia since 2018
The guidance provided at the IC is given to the best of the team’s knowledge and belief. However, the accuracy of said information cannot be guaranteed.