Motore di ricerca per borse di studio
Informazioni sui bandi DAAD per studenti, laureati, dottorandi, dottori di ricerca e docenti universitari e sulle opportunità di finanziamento offerte da altre istituzioni.
Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists • DAAD
Who can apply?
Former holders of fellowships from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are requested to contact first the Humboldt Foundation.
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. A research stay can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Other payments cannot be made.
The most important selection criteria are:
- academic achievements and recent publications which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- a convincing and well-planned research project
What requirements must be met?
- Applicants must work at a university or institute of higher education in their home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with an academic host institute in Germany. The applicant must be provided with a workplace.
- [list|Your PhD exam should be older than 4 years.
- [list|Applicants from third countries or German applicants, who live in a foreign country, are asked to get in touch with the responsible branch office or section within the DAAD before they hand in an application to discuss possible special application requirements.
- A German language certificate is not required. Though we assume that the applicant has contacted the German host institute in advance to make sure that the applicant will be able to communicate with his/her colleagues, e. g. in English.
The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
- Letter from host confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the applicant's proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
September 15th for research stays starting February 1st and July 15th of the following year.
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- (If documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. (CET or CEST) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
Information and advisory centres
Centro Informazioni DAAD
c/o Sapienza - Università di Roma - Facoltà di Economia (Piano Terra, Ala D)
Via del Castro Laurenziano 9
Tel.: +39 06/85301666
More detailed information
- DAAD website section "PhD studies and research"
- Website ”Research in Germany”
- Website ”GERiT – German Research Institutions”
- DAAD Website "Important information for scholarship applicants"
The scholarship period should preferentially span full month periods (1st to 30th/31st). Applications for intra-month periods should be an exception.
Si raccomanda di utilizzare un computer desktop o portatile per inviare una candidatura sul portale DAAD, in quanto alcune funzionalità non sono supportate dai dispositivi mobili. Requisiti tecnici
General information on the application via DAAD portal
This is what you have to do:
Register in the DAAD portal (Read notes about registering in the portal >>)
Applying online in the DAAD portal (Read notes on applying in the portal >>)
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If necessary, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the required appendices to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
Information for applicants from non-EU countries:
Please remember to specify the exact contents of your postal consignment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. "Application for a scholarship with application documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)".
If you have any technical questions or problems your local information and advice centres could not help you with, please do not hesitate to contact our technical Portal hotline: +49 (0228) 882-8888 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, open every weekday from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (CET).
Please consider this when you are planning your application.
Attualmente non sono sono possibili candidature in questo programma. Si prega di verificare la scadenza nella sezione "Iter di candidatura".